Monday, December 29, 2008

Weddings

As a note, my sister Brenna got married this past weekend to Brett Philbrick. Brett is the younger brother of Ryan Philbrick, who was part of the skater crowd back in high school. I always felt the skaters were a group that tormented me, though looking back I have a hard time recalling exactly how they were. I know sometimes we were at odds, especially those skaters who were Catholic, but as far as the name-calling, tripping in hallways, and so on... I recall that those things happened, but not who did them anymore. I guess I'm growing up.

Anyway, I was uneasy at first with Brenna dating Brett, but as we got to know him better, I started feeling comfortable, and then appreciative of the man who has now become my brother-in-law. We have few things in common, true, but I respect him and am happy for both him and my sister. I hope to earn his respect, as he has earned mine, and I hope our future occasions together will be close.

No comments: