Thursday, March 05, 2009

Mental Illnesses

This little story reminds me of a discussion I was having with my wife a few days ago. We were talking about demon possession, or demon influence, especially concerning some friends of ours who are into Wiccan. So the question is: is there demonic influence in mental illnesses?

I proposed the following solutions:

1) Some mental illness are purely physiological in nature. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

2) Some mental illnesses are exacerbated by demonic activity.

3) Some mental illnesses are not mental illnesses at all, but are demonic activity disguised as mental illnesses.

Certainly having read an article at InsideCatholic about demonic possession, I am much more willing to believe that 3) actually happens.

I wonder which of the three is the case for this gruesome bus beheading and ensuing cannibalism?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you would never smoke cigars again!

-JWall